Tax Incentive Program
All areas/properties within Lead city limits are eligible. The work completed must add a minimum of $5000.00 of assessed value to the property
Tax Incentive (based on added value of improvements and/or additions)
- Year 1: 20% of added value
- Year 2: 40% of added value
- Year 3: 60% of added value
- Year 4: 80% of added value
- Year 5: 100% of added value
- Eligible work includes all work to improve the structure, to include, but not limited to, foundations, outside walls, decks, driveways, garages, framing, new walls, remodeling, fixtures, roofs, painting, carpet and flooring.
- Ineligible work includes, but is not limited to, landscaping, fences, retaining walls and gardens.
- All eligible work must be listed on the Building Permit issued by the Building Inspector of the city of Lead.
- All eligible work will be assessed by the Lawrence County Equalization and will not be based on the Building Permit value.
For more information or to apply, contact Deadwood-Lead Economic Development.
Expand to the Black Hills.
FIND AVAILABLE BUILDINGS
Build in the Black Hills.